Sunday, November 28, 2010

One Month Update

I thought I should use some time to reflect on the progress I've made in the last month. I took the eco-foot print quiz again twenty minutes ago. Instead of reducing, I've gone up slightly, from 3.85 earths to 3.99 earths. I'm not ultra worried about it; it's only a minor set back.

Why don't we have a little refresher on my goals:
  1. Become a more conscious consumer
  2. Recycle all paper
  3. Cut water usage
  4. Cut electricity usage
  5. Adopt a 100 mile diet
  6. Cut gas usage
  7. Grow 20% of what we eat
  8. Change dad's paper towel/ battery use habits
  9. CFL's
  10. Cut trash volume in half
Goals 1,2,3,9 and 10 are very close to being achieved. There are still some hiccups every once and a while, but we are getting close. Goals 4,5,6,7 and 8 will require more work, but hey, it's progress.

So far, I've recycled 17.8 lbs of paper, a little more than 1/10 of a tree.

My goal is to fully achieve 3 of the goals from my first list by the end of the year and cut our earth usage to below 3.5 by the end of the year. Sound too ambitious?

No comments:

Post a Comment